ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids

<< < (3/16) > >>

Deozaan:
The cannon is better bigger (on the left). I like the dark background on the right as well (not sure which background I prefer).
Is that meant to be a smiley in the shot out area?
I'd try making the shot out area darker (maybe with fading edge?) if that's possible.
-tomos (November 20, 2013, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's not meant to be a smiley. The image is made up of 4 parts:

1. The turret.
2. The title "Blasteroids"
3. An asteroid.
4. An explosion (flame/smoke).
5. Space background, if you want to count that.

But hearing you refer to a "shot out area" makes me wonder if you and others are seeing something else. Does the asteroid look like a concave indentation that's been blasted out of something else? :huh:

tomos:
Sorry for the delayed response:

tbh I wasn't sure what it was, but I *thought* it was a nebula that had been shot through.
If it is an asteroid, I would give it more shading, probably on the right and lower sides, to give it a more three-dimensional look.

Of course, how an asteroid looks that has just been blasted, is uncertain...

Deozaan:
Testers needed!

The game is about ready to transition from Alpha to Beta (meaning the game is nearly feature complete). But one major feature that will determine where I take the rest of the game still needs to be decided. I know what my opinion is on the matter (shared below), but sometimes it's best to get some feedback from fresh eyes to see what the consensus is for the people who will actually be playing the game.

Both of the links below link to the game in exactly the same state, with one very significant difference: One version allows the asteroids to pass through each other (unrealistic, but adds more strategy and is more fun, IMO), the other version has asteroids that collide with each other (realistic, but harms gameplay (IMO) and causes other issues/bugs that will need to be sorted out if we go this route).

Trigger: This one allows asteroids to pass through each other.

Physics: This one has asteroids that collide with each other.

Note that both links go to the WebPlayer version of the game, which works in most browsers on Windows and OSX, but not Linux, sorry. The final builds of the game will be available as standalone executables for Win/Mac/Linux and possibly Android.

Please test and let me know your opinion on whether or not the asteroids should collide with each other. :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
tbh I wasn't sure what it was, but I *thought* it was a nebula that had been shot through.
If it is an asteroid, I would give it more shading, probably on the right and lower sides, to give it a more three-dimensional look.

Of course, how an asteroid looks that has just been blasted, is uncertain...
-tomos (November 20, 2013, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess I'll need to tweak that image some more. Thanks for your feedback.

tomos:
In the original Asteroids arcade game, the asteroids passed "through" each other. IRL they would mostly pass over each other anyway, so it's not that unrealistic.

Note that both links go to the WebPlayer version of the game, which works in most browsers on Windows and OSX, but not Linux, sorry.
-Deozaan (November 20, 2013, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Unity web player - install now"
that's just a plugin, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version