ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids

(1/16) > >>

Deozaan:
NANY 2014 Entry Information
Application Name Blasteroids Version 1.141104.9 - Check the website below for more recent versions in case I forget to update this page.Short Description Destroy the asteroids before you're overwhelmed. Supported OSes PC/Mac/Linux/Web/Android Web Page http://blasteroids.deozaan.com/ Download Link Downloads hosted on itch.io System Requirements
* Windows XP or later; Mac OS X 10.5 or later. Android 2.2 or later
* Pretty much any 3D graphics card.
* WebPlayer runs on all browsers, including IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome, among others.Version HistoryView most recent updates here: http://blog.deozaan.com/category/blasteroids/

NANY version history1.140106.0 NANY

* Quitting while in-game now takes you back to the main menu.
* Death explosions no longer affect bullets.
* Extra life awarded for ever increasing score amounts.1.140101.0 NANY

* Initial release for NANY 2014
Author Deozaan Donate to AuthorDonationCreditsSend DonationCredits to Deozaan
Itch.iohttp://deozaan.itch.io/blasteroids

Description
You control a point defense turret in space that is being bombarded with asteroids. Destroy them before they destroy you!

Features
Amazing asteroid blasting action!
Infinite levels of increasing difficulty!
Compete against yourself and others with a (local) high score table.
The awarded score is based on how well you play.

Video

Screenshots
NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids
NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids
NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids

Usage
Installation
Unzip and run the executable. At least on Windows, and probably similar for OSX.
On Linux you'll need to set the permissions for the x86 or x86_64 files to allow them to run as executables before you can play.

Using the Application
Click the mouse to aim and shoot.
You can also press the spacebar instead of clicking.
Press Escape while in game to bring up the menu.

Uninstallation
Delete the directory containing the game files (and all subdirectories).
Some information (high scores, volume settings, etc.) is saved to registry or equivalent, which on Windows is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Deozaan/Blasteroids

Tips
You get an extra life as your score increases. Lives are score multipliers, so try not to die much to maximize your score!
Try not to blast asteroids all willy nilly! Use some strategy. Each time you break a larger asteroid down into smaller ones, try to quickly destroy the smaller ones before breaking down more larger asteroids.
Don't die.

Known Issues
None

TaoPhoenix:

Heh we need a LITTLE more info than that!

"Game"

Four Dimensional Chess in the Alice in Wonderland Universe?

Hackers 5 where Professor Falken's system takes on Tron's MCP for the computer world domination championships?

"See who can annoy Mouser the most?"

;D

Deozaan:
Heh we need a LITTLE more info than that!
-TaoPhoenix (October 30, 2013, 10:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

It will be a shmup.

I've taken a few screenshots and videos while working out some things so far. Maybe I'll share them. Just know that none of this is actually gameplay. It's just trying to get things up and running.

It will be something else.

kyrathaba:
Like the screenshots!

Deozaan:
If any artists want to be of service, I could use a logo/title image. The game is going to be called Blasteroids, and I thought it would be neat if the "o" was a spiral galaxy. Kind of like this:

The font can be whatever you want, but it would be nice if it fit the sci-fi/space theme and if it was something I could use throughout the game (i.e. a free/open font). And if you're up for it, I could use help with other promotional art, such as an icon, feature images (for listing on my website, the Google Play store, or itch.io), achievement/leaderboards icons/images, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version