ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Musician Lou Reed has died

<< < (2/3) > >>

Vurbal:
As a connoisseur of live recordings Lou Reed's Rock N Roll Animal is among my favorite albums of all time. As a bassist I'm particularly fond of the (oddly Johnny Winters like) performance of White Light White Heat.

I have also always been impressed by his ability to continue making great music for so long. Another favorite of mine is Video Violence, originally written and recorded in the mid-80s.

At some point I'll probably get around to buying the double album he made with Metallica as well. I actually haven't even bothered to check out any of the songs yet, but if their performance together at a Rock and Roll Hall of Sham concert is any indication it should be interesting at the very least.

wraith808:
Neil Gaiman on Lou Reed: 'His songs were the soundtrack to my life'

Tuxman:
I love how everyone likes his music now after his death; when he was alive, most people hated it. Hypocrites!

OTOH, Lou Reed will re-enter the charts next month, as always.

tomos:
I loved some of the 'light' stuff from Velvet Underground - VU Lite :)

"Sunday Morning"

at one stage (long time ago), I had a cassette of outtakes and unreleased stuff from the VU (buying cassettes, such a bad idea) anyways, this one always stuck in my head:

"Coney Island Steeplechase" (keeping the days-of-the-week theme)
probably havent heard that one in twenty years...

edit// there's actually a couple of really nice tracks (imo) on ^that album "Another View" - preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNgmAiLi0n4

Vurbal:
For some reason I never could get into the Velvet Underground studio stuff much. Possibly because it was a little too sophisticated for me when I was younger and I had already been introduced to some of it via Rock N Roll Animal.

I should probably go back and give it a fresh listen. My tastes have expanded much more into the sophisticated and nuanced over the years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version