ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

N.A.N.Y. 2014 Submission: sumatra_earmarks

<< < (3/7) > >>

ewemoa:
Another data point - W7 via VirtualBox exhibits the same symptoms.

ewemoa:
- I have no clue why neither the ctrl+rclick nor rclick commands works on your system. I see no problem in the code. I hope someone with a non-virtualbox Windows jumps in and test runs it too. That way we'll see if the issues are virtualbox-specific.
- a grid hotkey wouldn't be of use since the grid will need a mouse click to jump to an earmark anyway (no way to key navigate with the grid construction I've used).
-Nod5 (October 29, 2013, 06:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can appreciate the point about the non-mouse grid hotkey -- but its existence would help me to test as currently getting the grid to show up doesn't work here.

On second thought, is it not possible that one might want to just see the grid view but not click on it?  For example, to verify whether there are any earmarks or perhaps find out how many there are...

Nod5:
I've tested version 131029b on A Windows 7 Home computer and also in Windows 8 in Virtualbox and all commands worked. I tested using the latest Sumatra version 2.4. Maybe the bug only appears on earlier Sumatra versions?

If there is at least one earmark then the grey square is shown all the time. But you're right that a user may want to only see what and how many earmarks they have. However once the "click bug" is killed ctrl+rclick will do that for all users.

Here is version 131029b but with F4 added as a hotkey to open the grid, for testing:
[removed]

I should add that I hesitate to add more things to the grid. First, the grid was an afterthought, my primary aim was/is something like the temporary line bookmarks in text editors like notepad++ and notepad2. Sumatra already supports bookmarks (embedded in the pdf files) and user set favorites (through the menu bar, saved by Sumatra). So I won't add e.g. naming of earmarks. The main goal is to let users jump between a modifiable set of pages much quicker compared to the multi step procedure of the favorites in Sumatra.

Time to say this also: I appreciate the feedback!

ewemoa:
Maybe the bug only appears on earlier Sumatra versions?
-Nod5 (October 30, 2013, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Upgraded SumatraPDF here to 2.4, but at least under VirtualBox-XP there was no difference.  Will try to investigate testing under other conditions.

If there is at least one earmark then the grey square is shown all the time.

--- End quote ---

Aha -- good to know!

Here is version 131029b but with F4 added as a hotkey to open the grid, for testing:
http://nod5.dcmembers.com/downloads/sumatra_earmarks--F4.zip

--- End quote ---

Thanks!  Was able to see the grid -- the numbers seem to show up fully now  :up:

Also appreciate the simplicity of S_E -- thanks for the further thoughts regarding its design.

ewemoa:
I just tested with Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit (not as a guest OS) and SumatraPDF 2.4 with similar results:

* Control-right-click on earmark doesn't bring up a grid window
* Right-clicking the earmark behaves in the same ineffective way as described before
Curious.

I wonder if there is some pilot error...

FWIW, I've also duplicated the phenomena on another machine though there it was also via VirtualBox.  One host OS was Arch Linux while the other was Windows 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version