ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Best Roku channels?

(1/1)

CWuestefeld:
I've had it [1], I'm cutting the cord and switching to Roku. We've had conversations here before about the best Android apps, etc. Roku has a similar thing they call "channels", which are mostly portals to VoD content or livestreams, but are also sometimes apps.

So, for any other Roku users out there, what are your favorite channels?

[1] I've been a DirecTV subscriber since they started, but we're not able to use it in the new house. We're now using TWC, but their prices are much higher than they originally lead you to believe, their customer service's badness is the stuff of legend, and their DVR boxes are poor and have intentionally crippled functionality.

40hz:
Alex and I have a bunch of Roku channels loaded.

What we mainly watch is something we usually found on:

* Netflix
* TED
* Hulu+
But we're more the full movie and educational/science show types so YMMV. :)

Vurbal:
Alex and I have a bunch of Roku channels loaded.

What we mainly watch is something we usually found on:

* Netflix
* TED
* Hulu+
But we're more the full movie and educational/science show types so YMMV. :)
-40hz (October 25, 2013, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't have a Roku box yet. That will probably be changing within the next few months. However like you I love the educational/documentary content available through Internet VOD.

I actually wish Netflix had a more complete selection of Nova and Frontline though. It annoys me watching that stuff on Hulu+. When they make the claim before each episode that it's shown with "limited commercial interruptions" all I can think is "Compared to what?" When it originally aired on TV there were no commercials. Any non-zero number of commercials is an increase rather than a limitation by definition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version