ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Contest: DARPA offers $2 milllion for security software to be written

<< < (3/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
How about Skynet?  That seems like an obvious one. ;D-wraith808 (October 25, 2013, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be like HAL9000 with drones. Collateral damage would be rather high...but that's never really bothered the pentagon much ... Shit man you could win!

Vurbal:
I'd go with the HAL 9000. Already proven against the human threat.  :D
-Vurbal (October 25, 2013, 02:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

HAL9000 was still just a computer that only had control of its own direct environment. Lawnmower Man (by the end of the movie) was a pure energy being ... So he could travel up the wire and kill the hacker in their own home. Which would greatly simplify security response times because you don't have to waste time analyzing the attack to mount a counter strategy. Because you could simply kill the person launching it.

...And no I couldn't say that IRL with a straight face.
-Stoic Joker (October 25, 2013, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah but could the Lawnmower Man sing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuEN5TjYRCE

Stoic Joker:
I'd go with the HAL 9000. Already proven against the human threat.  :D
-Vurbal (October 25, 2013, 02:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

HAL9000 was still just a computer that only had control of its own direct environment. Lawnmower Man (by the end of the movie) was a pure energy being ... So he could travel up the wire and kill the hacker in their own home. Which would greatly simplify security response times because you don't have to waste time analyzing the attack to mount a counter strategy. Because you could simply kill the person launching it.

...And no I couldn't say that IRL with a straight face.
-Stoic Joker (October 25, 2013, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah but could the Lawnmower Man sing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuEN5TjYRCE
-Vurbal (October 25, 2013, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope! ...And based on your video...I'm gonna put that in my plus column.  :D

Vurbal:
You're just jealous.  :P

4wd:
Not sure I get it.

Is this to protect the Government from the NSA or to give the NSA a heads up on the next encryption/protection methods so they don't have to work as hard?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version