ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sandboxie lifetime license discontinued

<< < (5/6) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I hope they honor the existing lifetime licenses. I have my guess as to how that will go; only time will tell.
-mwb1100 (December 28, 2013, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's why it's a fascinating thing, the "lifetime license". A "lifetime" is a long time - usually the "life of the product" is the limiting factor, but don't rule out weasel moves years later.

mwb1100:
A "lifetime" is a long time - usually the "life of the product" is the limiting factor
-TaoPhoenix (December 28, 2013, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

And if I were a betting man, I'd bet that within a year or two there will no longer be a Sandboxie product - the technology will be used in some other product that Invincea introduces.

Of course, I'm just speculating; I'd like to be proven wrong.

MilesAhead:
Before the subscription scheme I seem to remember a lot of licenses were for free updates within the major version number.  Like when I bought WinZip I could get all the updates to 6.x via download.  But to get to 7.x they offered a discount.  So the burn was buying just before a major version change.

TaoPhoenix:
Heh there's room for a satire fiction story:
"Lifetime License!!"

(Cue dramatic music)
Punchline: The company hires assassins to kill the customers!  :P

MilesAhead:
Heh there's room for a satire fiction story:
"Lifetime License!!"

(Cue dramatic music)
Punchline: The company hires assassins to kill the customers!  :P
-TaoPhoenix (December 29, 2013, 07:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or the cliche where the evil computer does them in.  Like if you turn off Windows Updates the programmable thermostat gets a short at 4:00 AM and burns the house down.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version