ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Yay! New Laws for Crowdfunding!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Renegade:
What do you think the law would look like if it were an API/SDK?-Renegade (October 23, 2013, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

ROFL ...That could only happen in a mythical land where computers could count to at least 3.

--- Code: C++ ---BOOL bGuilty = 2 // Close enough because (house needs a win) defendant can't fight our need for a conviction.-Stoic Joker (October 24, 2013, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha! ;D  :Thmbsup:

We could have a lot of fun writing "legal" code. 8)

Renegade:
Please name some regulation that isn't bad. But before you tell me what it is, ask yourself if there isn't already some law to deal with the situation already in place. It's harder than it sounds. -Renegade (October 23, 2013, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

<crickets /> ;)

40hz:
Please name some regulation that isn't bad. But before you tell me what it is, ask yourself if there isn't already some law to deal with the situation already in place. It's harder than it sounds. -Renegade (October 23, 2013, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

<crickets /> ;)

-Renegade (October 25, 2013, 11:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not so much crickets as this is borders on a debate over what amounts to an almost religious belief on the part of some.

I don't have the energy (or gluteal stamina) to get into that sort of a discussion in text these days.

I'll save that for a F2F (over drinks or coffee) at the first Annual DoCo Gathering of Geeks. ;D ;)

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

<crickets /> ;)

-Renegade (October 25, 2013, 11:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not so much crickets as this is borders on a debate over what amounts to an almost religious belief on the part of some.

I don't have the energy (or gluteal stamina) to get into that sort of a discussion in text these days.

I'll save that for a F2F (over drinks or coffee) at the first Annual DoCo Gathering of Geeks. ;D ;)
-40hz (October 26, 2013, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, yeah, sure! ;) Energy! ;) Gotcha. ;D

Hehehe! ;D (Sorry - I can't help but razz about this - it's just too much fun! And yes - I honestly believe that there's no regulation whatsoever that I couldn't mock and make fun of in one way or another! ;D )

Fair enough. Until then, please imagine the API. 8)

Here's a bit of boilerplate code to help your imagination. I've put some serious thought into it, and I think that I've nicely encapsulated several characteristics that you'll find repeated in the Gov.API. ;)

--- Code: C# ---private int AddTwoNumbers(int numb){    switch (numb)    {        case 0:            return AddTwoNumbers(numb);            break;        case 1:            return AddTwoNumbers1(numb);            break;        case 2:            return AddTwoNumbers2(numb);            break;        // Etc. etc. etc.        default:            throw new Exception("You didn't really expect this stuff to work, did you?");            break;    }}public int AddTwoNumbers1(int numb){    switch (numb)    {        case 0:            return AddTwoNumbers(numb);            break;        case 1:            return AddTwoNumbers1(numb);            break;        case 2:            return AddTwoNumbers2(numb);            break;        // Etc. etc. etc.        default:            throw new Exception("You didn't really expect this stuff to work, did you?");            break;    }}private int AddTwoNumbers2(int numb){    switch (numb)    {        case 0:            return AddTwoNumbers(numb);            break;        case 1:            return AddTwoNumbers1(numb);            break;        case 2:            return AddTwoNumbers2(numb);            break;        // Etc. etc. etc.        default:            throw new Exception("You didn't really expect this stuff to work, did you?");            break;    }}
There's definitely a madness in that method! ;D 8)

tomos:
^I could say regulate the banks,
but I guess you could come back with bitcoin or silver/gold :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version