ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

MacX DVD Ripper Pro free download before Nov. 4, 2013

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
Just a heads up for anyone considering downloading or using any of the software from any of the links provided so far in this thread. All of the domain names mentioned so far have had incidents of spamming this forum.

They are all from one single company that is running under close to 30 different names, offering variations of the same software under just as many names.

The most recent spamming incident right here on our forum was less than a week ago, from wonderfox.

They have a long history of spamming and other despicable behavior, and this article from Macworld will explain more:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1153685/speaking_spammers.html

And I might even be inclined to believe the person that started this thread to be one of the company's many puppet accounts, after reviewing their posting history.

Stoic Joker:
is this it?

http://www.macxdvd.com/giveaway/giveaway.htm
-cmpm (October 22, 2013, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like it yes. Strange that you have to add the giveaway.htm to the Mac link, but the Windows page just drops right in *Shrug* Thanks.

Stoic Joker:
They are all from one single company that is running under close to 30 different names, offering variations of the same software under just as many names.

The most recent spamming incident right here on our forum was less than a week ago, from wonderfox.

They have a long history of spamming and other despicable behavior, and this article from Macworld will explain more:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1153685/speaking_spammers.html
-app103 (October 22, 2013, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well shit, that's not any fun :( Thanks for the info.

cmpm:
Dannel is not so bad.
And possibly a decent knowledge of programs in general.

There is not any lies about the software. That is what turns me off when it happens.

app103:
Dannel is not so bad.
-cmpm (October 22, 2013, 10:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right, because shady marketing practices are not so bad?

Found on dottech.org:

Found on bestblackhatforum.com:

Found on se7ensins.com:

There were more from other forums, but I couldn't grab a screenshot of them, as they had already been deleted, most likely as spam.

Which name does "Dannel" prefer to be referred to as? Dannel, Janertt, Daphene, or Frankwer?

And before anyone defends him by saying "oh, well he copied most of that from that newsletter and maybe those other people did, too", I used the least likely to be part of a newsletter portion of the text to find these: "I got the newsletter from digiarty saying that they are running a great Halloween giveaway of their DVD ripping software".

How likely is it that there are multiple people with a verbatim train of thought that would use that exact text to start a post on various forums, referring to the same newsletter...for software that has a notorious history of being marketed via forum spam, the use of puppet accounts, posting fake reviews, extortion, uncredited use of open source code, etc., etc.?

It's Halloween. Trick or treat, you know! Get it or let it go, it's up to you :D
-Dannel (October 22, 2013, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Personally, I'd let it go...it's a trick.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version