ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

DupScout Pro – Duplicate Files Finder – 24-Hours Giveaway

<< < (2/2)

ocsid80:
The interface and speed of this piece of software are parts that I like a lot.

My main problem with this (default settings) is that it found some doubles and that you cannot select which one you want to keep. The software locks one of the files and and you can select if you want the other file to be moved, hard-linked, deleted, etc.
-Shades (October 27, 2013, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are a number of ways to change the original file selected in each set of duplicate files:

1. Open a set of duplicate files, select a duplicate file, press the right mouse button and select the 'Set as Original' menu item.
2. Select a number of duplicate file sets in the main view, press the right mouse button and select the 'Select -> Select Newest Files as Duplicates' menu item.
3. Select a number of duplicate file sets in the main view, press the right mouse button and select the 'Select -> Select Oldest Files as Duplicates' menu item.
4. Select a number of duplicate file sets in the main view, press the right mouse button and select the 'Select -> Select Duplicates by Location' menu item.

Shades:
Now I had more time to look into the features of DupScout and I found the switch option between oldest/newest duplicates, so that is already not a real problem anymore.

Thank you for responding so quickly, which improves the (already positive) impression one gets after running this software.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version