ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Skype users: beware (silver needle in the skype)

<< < (5/8) > >>

quantumrider:
f0dder:

Couldn't you just ignore the ignorant? That would spare all of us an exposure to some seriously childish views.

f0dder:
f0dder:

Couldn't you just ignore the ignorant? That would spare all of us an exposure to some seriously childish views.
-ark2 (May 19, 2006, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry.

NickW:
Thanks to all of you.
This forum has entertained and amused me - most I've laughed all day!
I think I love listening to people arguing!
I think you need to turn this around and ask people what they suggest.
Of course it's illegal ... but would you be happier if all of those many faulty products (and we're not just talking about software) were never highlighted and made to be fixed?
What about the bigger picture?
I'm sure the "outing" of corrupt politicians, companies, etc is probably done in a rather questionable manner but would you prefer if they were never brought to light?
Most products (especially physical products e.g. cars, fridges, tvs, etc etc etc) are reverse-engineered by the competition to see how it works so that they can then make a better product without a lot of the development cost. Of course it's illegal but everybody does it and it's become "accepted".
Beware the government which makes it illegal to question what they're doing. Something the UK Labour government have been trying to do in some absurd situations in the name of anti-terrorism.
Why should software companies be able to do this?
Anyway, back to the real point of this forum, enlightening us all ... does anybody know if Skype are doing something about this? Should I stop using Skype (for the time being)?
Nick
PS  This one really bugs me - it's "you're" - it means "you are" - "your" refers to possession as in "your views are questionable" which is different to "you're talking rubbish" - get it?

f0dder:
Anyway, back to the real point of this forum, enlightening us all ... does anybody know if Skype are doing something about this? Should I stop using Skype (for the time being)?

--- End quote ---
I hope they're doing something. IMHO disclosures like the above PDF shouldn't be made until the "guilty" company has been contacted and you've verified they're doing something (or until the "guilty" company hasn't responded for some reasonable timeframe). I really don't want the kiddie fringe to get an unfair advantage before there's a solution - especially not with serious problems like this!

PS  This one really bugs me - it's "you're" - it means "you are" - "your" refers to possession as in "your views are questionable" which is different to "you're talking rubbish" - get it?

--- End quote ---
I'm bugged by errors like that myself, but I make them all the time :)

NickW:
Yep, probably wasn't a good idea to start a grammar discussion as I'm sure there's somebody out there who will dissect my posts and explain how awfully written they are - bring it on!
I totally agree with you about initially informing Skype of this problem. Maybe they did?
I visited Skype's website and could find no mention of problems or that document.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version