ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

new alt.comp.freeware usenet thread with criticism of DonationCoder

<< < (5/5)

Rover:
geesh - I don't want to hear anymore whinning about DC policies, etc.  I just got back from phpclasses.org -- where they have FREEWARE -- and the site is so plaged with pop-ups and delay ads, I just wanted to puke.
Also, you MUST register to download some (authors choice) freeware.  When you do, you are automatically subscribed to "several newsletters."  You can opt out after you get your password, but what a pain in the arse.

DC is good.  :Thmbsup:  phpclasses.org bad!   >:(  :down:

Rover:
Just to prove my point.... pic 1 is the CLUTTERED site.... count the ads, need two hands?  There is at least 1 more at the bottom of the page.

Pic2 shows the "several newsletters" that you are automatically subscribed to.  I just finished unchecking every stinking one of them.  I almost missed the "allow pop-up" crap. 

SexyLilDarkPaw:
There is no valid criticism for this site or it's members.  The keys are there for a reason, and yes many freeware requires registration because most people don't give the feedback authors need.  DonationCoders' Rule!

Love Felicia  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version