ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

*NIX: Readers for epub

<< < (3/3)

ewemoa:
On a side note...

most books in epub format fall into that category best read while lying on my sofa.
-app103 (September 12, 2013, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's the feeling I was getting from a number of the Android readers I've looked at -- as in, the reading experience seems to be tailored toward proceeding in one direction page after page, rather than moving around to various points of the book.

I'm hoping to find something that can at least handle source code formatting decently -- Aldiko seems better than the others in this regard, but I haven't figured out how to view via scrolling.  I find that it can be hard to read some segments of source code without being able to scroll...

ewemoa:
As I use calibre's viewer, there's one thing that repeatedly surprises me -- the boundary / end of the current "page" (source page, not what the reader tries to present) is not obvious to me.  Consequently, when a boundary is crossed, the transition is sudden and often unexpected.  To cope with this, I've temporarily enabled the following in Preferences -> General -> Page Flip Options -> Line scrolling stops at page brealks.  This prevents the sudden transition, but I'm wondering if there is some way to get visual feedback about page boundaries instead with the ability to scroll across boundaries...

Any ideas?

ewemoa:
I discovered by accident that SumatraPDF displays epubs -- so using it via Wine seems to be an option.

To get the table of contents to appear though, tweaking via Advanced Options appeared necessary.  Unfortunately, opening of the document seems much slower with the tweak.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version