ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

UBER-CRYPTO CURRENCY COOLNESS! FOR GAMES!

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
YES! ALL CAPS! WHY? BECAUSE THIS IS JUST ALL THAT FRIGGIN' AWESOME!

http://www.coindesk.com/leetcoin-enables-skilled-gamers-win-bitcoins/

LeetCoin enables skilled gamers to win bitcoins

LeetCoin
It seems as if bitcoin and gambling are inexplicably intertwined.

With that in mind, here’s a look at LeetCoin. It’s a platform that allows multiplayer gamers in genres such as first person shooters to really know the score. That’s because the winner gets bitcoins, while the loser gives some BTC away.

The concept of LeetCoin is simple. You sign in with a Steam account – a digital gaming distribution platform – then you are routed to LeetCoin’s servers, where you play Steam-based games through a wagering system. Kingsley Edwards, the developer behind LeetCoin who decided to get involved with bitcoin earlier this year, describes his service as similar to that of a poker table.

“It’s like a poker game. The servers you connect to (via Steam login) are like a table. Each server has a different wager. Right now, it is set at 0.001 bitcoin for each kill,” says Edwards.
--- End quote ---

More at the link.

http://www.leetcoin.com/

How It Works

* Deposit Bitcoin into your account.
* Authorize one of our high speed game servers.
* Play and Earn! BTC will be transferred instantly to the winner's account.

--- End quote ---

If you're a hard core gamer, and that didn't get your juices flowing, you're not a hard core gamer. :P

For the real hard cores, soon you'll be able to put your bitcoins where your mouth is. ;)

p3lb0x:
If I recall correctly something like this was tried a few years back with a quake clone. Didn't last long, however, with bitcoin I could easily see it garnering a small dedicated fan base.

Renegade:
If I recall correctly something like this was tried a few years back with a quake clone. Didn't last long, however, with bitcoin I could easily see it garnering a small dedicated fan base.
-p3lb0x (October 15, 2013, 08:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not familiar with that.

I think this has an excellent chance though as it lets you gamble on your gaming skills. I can see it growing to the point that there are tournaments, high stakes games (e.g. 2 bitcoin entry fee), more games being added, etc.

Thing is, you can MAKE MONEY PLAYING GAMES!

They'll need to deal with botters though, but a lot of games already have anti-bot gamemasters and infrastructure to sniff out bots.

wraith808:
They'll need to deal with botters though, but a lot of games already have anti-bot gamemasters and infrastructure to sniff out bots.
-Renegade (October 15, 2013, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is going to be a big problem.  And it isn't just a matter of you can make money playing games.  You can also LOSE money playing games.  And in all reality, more people are going to lose than gain.  It's just the nature of the beast.

Stoic Joker:
So now it could finally be legal to say I shoot people for a living ...(my my)... Will the wonders of technology never cease?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version