ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

Year Planner

(1/1)

JonathanThorpe:
Hi everyone,

Been looking for a piece of software that presents with a simple year planner, like those wall charts you can buy. I've only found one piece of software that comes close, and that's located at http://www.ssuitesoft.com/mycalendardiary.htm#379939704. However, there are a few things I do not like about the GUI of this software... it seems a little clunky, its very ugly to look at, and generally does not look "polished".

I wonder if any of you guys can come up with this kind of functionality in a better app?

dr_andus:
I would also be interested in this. I tried SSuite's Year Planner, but I can't get it to display the events as colourful dots in the annual view (as in their screenshot) for some reason. Maybe it's my system (Win7, 64-bit).

Something like this would be good for implementing the Jerry Seinfeld productivity method. I'd imagine there could be others who might be interested in something like this. Basically you'd want a simple colour-coded indicator (a dot or a big X) to represent the "chain" of identical daily tasks that have been accomplished. According to this method at least, one would only want to track 3 or 4 big tasks a day (such as "write," "clean," "gym").

For annual calendar I use one of the gadgets in Google Calendar, but sadly all it displays is the dates... I like the simplicity of Classic Calendar, but it's monthly and there is no colour-coding of accomplished tasks...

TaoPhoenix:
Basically you'd want a simple colour-coded indicator (a dot or a big X) to represent the "chain" of identical daily tasks that have been accomplished. According to this method at least, one would only want to track 3 or 4 big tasks a day (such as "write," "clean," "gym").
-dr_andus (October 15, 2013, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do we get complimentary Anne Robinson sound clips? "If you complete the task, you add a link to your chain. But miss a day and you break the chain!"

:D

dr_andus:
Oh, is that where Seinfeld got his idea from? OK, then, as long as there is an option to switch her off  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version