topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Year Planner  (Read 6584 times)

JonathanThorpe

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Year Planner
« on: October 14, 2013, 05:56 AM »
Hi everyone,

Been looking for a piece of software that presents with a simple year planner, like those wall charts you can buy. I've only found one piece of software that comes close, and that's located at http://www.ssuitesof...rdiary.htm#379939704. However, there are a few things I do not like about the GUI of this software... it seems a little clunky, its very ugly to look at, and generally does not look "polished".

I wonder if any of you guys can come up with this kind of functionality in a better app?

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
Re: Year Planner
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:36 AM »
I would also be interested in this. I tried SSuite's Year Planner, but I can't get it to display the events as colourful dots in the annual view (as in their screenshot) for some reason. Maybe it's my system (Win7, 64-bit).

Something like this would be good for implementing the Jerry Seinfeld productivity method. I'd imagine there could be others who might be interested in something like this. Basically you'd want a simple colour-coded indicator (a dot or a big X) to represent the "chain" of identical daily tasks that have been accomplished. According to this method at least, one would only want to track 3 or 4 big tasks a day (such as "write," "clean," "gym").

For annual calendar I use one of the gadgets in Google Calendar, but sadly all it displays is the dates... I like the simplicity of Classic Calendar, but it's monthly and there is no colour-coding of accomplished tasks...

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 02:39 PM »
Basically you'd want a simple colour-coded indicator (a dot or a big X) to represent the "chain" of identical daily tasks that have been accomplished. According to this method at least, one would only want to track 3 or 4 big tasks a day (such as "write," "clean," "gym").

Do we get complimentary Anne Robinson sound clips? "If you complete the task, you add a link to your chain. But miss a day and you break the chain!"

:D

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:42 PM »
Oh, is that where Seinfeld got his idea from? OK, then, as long as there is an option to switch her off  ;)