ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Export to single .txt files (adding date-time)

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
I just want to confirm that i can reproduce the problem of cliptext not being exported.  Really helpful export function isn't it? exports a million fields except the one important one.. sheesh..  :-[ :huh: >:(

working on it now..

dcwul62:
Thanks.
Reason for asking to export clipboard text to single files (with date-time) is that I like the text to be indexed.
I use X1 as desktop indexing tool.
Clipmate can export text to single files, the filename are of limited length.

Example a exported filename like:
AMD HD 7950_ MSI R7950 Twin Frozr Boost Edition 3GD5_OC De M.txt

You cud take the headername as well (if there are things like \t \n in the title, then replace those with with a space)
but, add date-time to the name, like
AMD HD 7950_ MSI R7950 Twin Frozr Boost Edition 3GD5_OC De M-18112013 171615.txt

This to be a -new- option.

The date-time will:
a. show the actual date-time of capture, which is, of course, different from the created/modified date when exporting
b. will avoid overwriting - if you have 2 almost identical files, the title will be the same, but the date-time stamp are different
so
AMD HD 7950_ MSI R7950 Twin Frozr Boost Edition 3GD5_OC De M-18112013 171615.txt
AMD HD 7950_ MSI R7950 Twin Frozr Boost Edition 3GD5_OC De M-18112013 171725.txt

Of course the .csv option remains in place.

Pros of single files:
-single .txt files can be launched much faster
(csv: requires Excel to be launched, takes more time, also because over years the file gets bigger and bigger to load)
-Plain text, can be copied directly into another application)
(csv-Excel : you need CHS to strip the formatting)
- can be attached to mail or whatever
(csv: you need to select only the part you wish to forward, clipboard copy into an editor, save that,etc)

=

mouser:
Now that I have been forced to write my own export procedure, this request will not be too hard to implement.
Let me first make sure the single file csv export works well, then we can revisit.

Though it would help me sleep well at night if there were one more person on planet earth who wanted this function :)

mouser:
For csv file export fix, please try the new beta with completely rewritten CSV export.
Also, see the Backup/Maintenance tab in options for some new csv export options.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1514.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version