ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Adobe admits 2.9 million customer accounts compromised

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
Heh, yes, I got am email from them telling me to change my account password.-IainB (October 08, 2013, 12:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

the beggars only got around to emailing me today, that my account was compromised.
The breach was announced on the 3rd of October - email arrives seven days later. Either they're slow at notification, or maybe it was worse than they thought. The Znet article says:

Adobe is resetting the passwords on breached Adobe customer IDs, and users will receive an email if they are affected. The software giant is also currently notifying customers whose credit or debit card information was exposed.
--- End quote ---

so it sounds like maybe only some people's CC info was taken :-\

cranioscopical:
it sounds like maybe only some people's CC info was taken
-tomos (October 10, 2013, 03:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
You wish!  :(

They were unforgivably late contacting me as well. To rub salt into the wound, their password-reset page wouldn't identify my Adobe ID, so I had to spend the best part of 90 minutes on the phone with a delightfully pleasant lady from India while she tried all manner of things. Her helpful attitude did quite a bit to mitigate what was my very bad impression of Adobe (see here also). Just goes to show you how important it is to have good people on the front lines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version