ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Am I the only person that has a real big problem with software like this?

<< < (17/21) > >>

wraith808:
What bloody?

But seriously, after all I've told you about how I handle things, after all that y0himba told you about how he handles things, after valuing the ability of the parent to make a decision for good or bad and do what they are supposed to do...

...you're willing to just discard it out of hand based on possibilities?

Hmmm  :huh:

40hz:
^I think you're taking what I said personally.

I have no problem with you or any of the others here. But thats a small percentage of the how many million parents out there?

But even with that, I think bugging a kid's or personal acquaintance's phone is a big mistake and sends the entirely wrong message.

Stoic Joker:
But seriously, after all I've told you about how I handle things, after all that y0himba told you about how he handles things, after valuing the ability of the parent to make a decision for good or bad and do what they are supposed to do...-wraith808 (October 07, 2013, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hay man, it's all good if it's working for you, but there are 2 sides to everything. I can think of half a dozen or more names of kids that I died while I was growing up as they finally got out of a repressive monitoring oriented culture that encouraged strict child control. Because when they (the children) finally realized that for the first time...there really was nobody "watching" ... They handled it badly.

So you have my sincerest wish that this does indeed work as well as you have it planned. But please understand that I have seen first hand just how badly it can go.

wraith808:
^I think you're taking what I said personally.

I have no problem with you or any of the others here. But thats a small percentage of the how many million parents out there?

But even with that, I think bugging a kid's or personal acquaintance's phone is a big mistake and sends the entirely wrong message.

-40hz (October 07, 2013, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

No... that's why I started with a joke  ;D

But it seems that with counter-examples it's rather strange that there is *no* give... sort of like the people on the other side of other arguments.

wraith808:
But seriously, after all I've told you about how I handle things, after all that y0himba told you about how he handles things, after valuing the ability of the parent to make a decision for good or bad and do what they are supposed to do...-wraith808 (October 07, 2013, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hay man, it's all good if it's working for you, but there are 2 sides to everything. I can think of half a dozen or more names of kids that I died while I was growing up as they finally got out of a repressive monitoring oriented culture that encouraged strict child control. Because when they (the children) finally realized that for the first time...there really was nobody "watching" ... They handled it badly.

So you have my sincerest wish that this does indeed work as well as you have it planned. But please understand that I have seen first hand just how badly it can go.
-Stoic Joker (October 07, 2013, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess my thing is what Ren said earlier- it varies based on the child and the situation.  And for as many instances as I've seen, and as many as you've seen, it's just a drop in the bucket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version