ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Am I the only person that has a real big problem with software like this?

(1/21) > >>

40hz:
Recently saw this on the alternativeTo website:

MobiPast
Free with limited functionality by Pierre Fontaine

Remotely monitor your children's mobiles. MobiPast allows you to secretly check the copy of their activities directly on mobipast application! Free functions: - GPS locations (FREE) See the GPS locations of the mobile device on a map. - Internet (FREE) Receive the history of websites visited from the mobile device. - Contacts (FREE) Receive the list of contacts saved on the mobile device. - Passcode (FREE) Capture the passcode to access to the mobile device...
--- End quote ---

:-\

edbro:
I have no problem with it at all. I do have a problem with parents that don't monitor what their kids are doing.

mouser:
It's one thing to have an explicit agreement with your young kids that you are going to be monitoring their online/mobile activity in exchange for them getting such a device.  But doing it secretly seems like it's teaching them some wrong lessons.

wraith808:
I have no problem with it at all. I do have a problem with parents that don't monitor what their kids are doing.
-edbro (October 03, 2013, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

This.

It's one thing to have an explicit agreement with your young kids that you are going to be monitoring their online/mobile activity in exchange for them getting such a device.  But doing it secretly seems like it's teaching them some wrong lessons.
-mouser (October 03, 2013, 08:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not necessarily true.  I see what you're saying.  But there's also the other side of what a child does under the scrutiny of an adult vs. not.  If you tell them you're going to be monitoring them, you've already poisoned the well.  And when you *can't* monitor them, you then don't know what they'll do.

40hz:
I have no problem with it at all.
-edbro (October 03, 2013, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting. Wonder if this is one of those "regional" things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version