ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Silk Road Seized - Dread Pirate Roberts Arrested

<< < (14/14)

Stoic Joker:
So sez Ren! But in practice, it works pretty well most of the time. Possibly something you clearly can't allow yourself to acknowledge - or even see?
-40hz (February 05, 2015, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, after many real world experiences in court, I'd more agree with Ren on this point.
-wraith808 (February 05, 2015, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too - And I've been fighting really hard to stay quiet and let the adults talk, but... Just because something has always been done that way doesn't mean it isn't stupid. :D

We -(The People)- need jury nullification to "down vote" idiotic laws.

wraith808:
So sez Ren! But in practice, it works pretty well most of the time. Possibly something you clearly can't allow yourself to acknowledge - or even see?
-40hz (February 05, 2015, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, after many real world experiences in court, I'd more agree with Ren on this point.
-wraith808 (February 05, 2015, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too - And I've been fighting really hard to stay quiet and let the adults talk, but... Just because something has always been done that way doesn't mean it isn't stupid. :D

We -(The People)- need jury nullification to "down vote" idiotic laws.
-Stoic Joker (February 05, 2015, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it's necessarily the laws as much as it's the status quo.

Mini-rantThe largest problem that I've had in all of my court cases that went bad- and the one that went well- was the judge.  In the end, they can make any ruling and in their fiefdom, it's law.  The only check and balance on that is appeal.  And unless an appeal is based on precedent or some sort of out of the ordinary circumstance or provable misconduct, the appeals court is going with the judge, because of the tendency to not want to start down the road of eroding the power of the judiciary.

And it sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version