ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Silk Road Seized - Dread Pirate Roberts Arrested

<< < (5/14) > >>

Renegade:
And more people being thrown in cages...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Federal-drug-charges-for-Bellevue-man-involved-in-Silk-Road-226387671.html?mobile=y&clmob=y&c=n

Federal drug charges for Bellevue man involved in 'Silk Road'

A Bellevue man who sold drugs using an online black market known as Silk Road now faces federal drug charges, Homeland Security agents say.

According to court documents, 40-year-old Steven Sadler hid his identity using the profile "Nod," and used a fake name to purchase mailboxes at several UPS stores in Washington.

--- End quote ---

More at the link.

No matter what your own personal business is, it still is Uncle Sam's business. And don't you forget it!

40hz:
I'm sure it only took this long to arrest him because the FBI (and god knows who else) first wanted to be sure they had the details and names of everyone else involved. That and coordinate with other countries for arrest warrants and additional seizures.  

Regardless of your business or politics, it's not a very wise move to (allegedly) set up the contract killing of a federal witness with an undercover FBI agent.

If he's 'lucky,' they'll put him on jail. If he's unlucky, they'll turn him loose and make it a point to announce he "cooperated fully" with the investigation.

Either way, this boy is toast.

Renegade:
I'm sure it only took this long to arrest him because the FBI (and god knows who else) first wanted to be sure they had the details and names of everyone else involved. That and coordinate with other countries for arrest warrants and additional seizures. 
-40hz (October 04, 2013, 06:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

There was a product available on the Silk Road that I was thinking of buying.

And no... it wasn't heroin or coke or weed or hash or meth or some kind of narcotic. Just a simple thing that I won't bother getting into. It was innocent enough as to not warrant any kind of mention. The Silk Road had a lot more than just drugs to get high on it. Not everything on the Silk Road was illegal.

However, I'm glad I didn't buy it. My guess is that a lot of sellers and buyers will be thrown in cages now.

But, there are other markets out there. I hope they stay safe.

rgdot:
Partially by my own doing and partially by the way my posts are being read I am being misunderstood I think.
I am not pro-anything like the NSA or government running people's lives but what I don't want to see is a libertarian world. Because I fear that a lot too, a whole lot.

</closing statement>

40hz:
what I don't want to see is a libertarian world. Because I fear that a lot too, a whole lot.
-rgdot (October 04, 2013, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Understandable. But what exactly is a "libertarian world" anyway? From my experience, most self-proclaimed libertarians seem to be having a good deal of trouble reaching consensus on exactly what a 'libertarian' world should look like.
 ;) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version