ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Cannot delete single clips

<< < (5/6) > >>

Jesper Hertel:
Not even when I copy both the Database directory and the ClipboardHelpAndSpell.ini file to the installed version's directory (C:\Users\Jesper\Documents\DonationCoder\Clipboard Help+Spell) does it work.

Isn't that weird?

And the two ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe files for the installed version and the portable version are binary identical – I just checked that. And they are both dated 2013-06-12 18:13:46 (well, one of them have the time 18:13:48).

mouser:
Okay, I did that: Reinstalled latest version (2.19.01), deleted all ClipTable.* and GroupTable.* files, then started Clipboard Help+Spell. I got a fresh, clean database that way.
Still I can't delete any clips!
--- End quote ---

now THAT is very surprising!!!!! and a HUGE clue.

check this, do you have a configdir.ini in your installed CHS directory? if so delete it. and try again.

----

and, here's a great test:

copy the entire Clipboard Help and Spell directory from your installed Program Files\ directory (even the copy with the old database), and copy it to a directory in your documents subdirectory.

see if deleting works then.

you can see what i'm getting at -- i'm trying to see if it has to do with the permissions in your installed directory.

Jesper Hertel:
Sorry for the late reply – we had big internet connection problems here the past few days, so no matter how much I wanted to answer, I couldn't.

do you have a configdir.ini in your installed CHS directory? if so delete it. and try again.
I did. All in it was commented out (it was a default version from 2008). But I removed it anyway and restarted Clipboard Help+Spell. No change.

copy the entire Clipboard Help and Spell directory from your installed Program Files\ directory (even the copy with the old database), and copy it to a directory in your documents subdirectory.
I did. No change. Still can't delete clips.

mouser:
Ok it's definitely the clip database then.

Have I already asked about the Recycle bin group in your CHS?
Are there items in it?  Do you have a Recyle Bin group and then a group inside the Recycle bin group called "Ungrouped"?

Jesper Hertel:
Ok it's definitely the clip database then.
Maybe you are right, but how can that be when the problem is there too when I use a completely fresh, new, empty database (cf. comment #16 above)?

Have I already asked about the Recycle bin group in your CHS? Are there items in it?
Yep, and I can't delete them. I get a warning about permanent deletion, but when I say Yes to that, nothing happens, nothing is deleted from the Recycle bin.

Do you have a Recyle Bin group and then a group inside the Recycle bin group called "Ungrouped"?
Yep!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version