ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Cannot delete single clips

<< < (3/6) > >>

IainB:
I wouldn't perform a reinstall if you don't need to.
What version of CHS do you have? Do you update it with DCUpdater?
The version should be as per the latest version shown in the DCUpdater = 2.19.01.
I have 2.20.01 (which is a test ß or something).

If you did do a reinstall of the latest/current version, it shouldn't blow away your settings. CHS reinstalls are usually OK like that.

mouser:
Try this:

Download the portable version of CHS and just unpack it into a directory you have write access to (somewhere in your mydocuments). 

That will give you a new clean CHS install with a separate database.  See if the problem is solved there.

That will tell us if it might be something messed up with your old database or configuration settings, or if it's something more pernicious.

Jesper Hertel:
What version of CHS do you have?

Do you update it with DCUpdater?
Yep.

Download the portable version of CHS ...
The portable, clean install (also version 2.19.01) works perfectly – no problem deleting clips in that one.

mouser:
And have you run the repair database function on your main normal database?

Jesper Hertel:
And have you run the repair database function on your main normal database?
Yep. I just tried it again, and Clipboard Help+Spell said the database was found free of errors. But still, no single clips can be deleted.

Can I do a reinstall where I get to keep my settings but start over with a new, fresh database in some way? Or do the settings also live in the database?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version