ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The LED lights in your home could be spying on you!

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
Grab your tinfoil hats and rejoice! You were right all along! They ARE out to get you!

An LED light can be used to spy on someone and hear everything that they are saying in their home. Don't believe? Here's your proof!
--- End quote ---

But who are "they"? Pfft! Silly question! The ILLUMINATI of course~! :P ;D

mwb1100:
If I understand the video correctly, the LED would need to be modified with a microphone and a circuit to encode the source into the light frequency carrier. Then someone with equipment that can capture the light frequencies can extract the sound information, right?

I guess my point is that the LED bulb would have to be 'bugged' for this to work.

Renegade:
If I understand the video correctly, the LED would need to be modified with a microphone and a circuit to encode the source into the light frequency carrier. Then someone with equipment that can capture the light frequencies can extract the sound information, right?

I guess my point is that the LED bulb would have to be 'bugged' for this to work.
-mwb1100 (September 30, 2013, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct. A microphone is needed to pick up the sound, which is then placed into the light where the light serves as a carrier wave.

It would need to be purposefully done, but if you check the setup he has, it's relatively simple and can easily be done by anyone with access to the needed tools/equipment.

Lesson learned: Sunlight is Edward Snowden's friend. :P

Vurbal:

-mwb1100 (September 30, 2013, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct. A microphone is needed to pick up the sound, which is then placed into the light where the light serves as a carrier wave.

It would need to be purposefully done, but if you check the setup he has, it's relatively simple and can easily be done by anyone with access to the needed tools/equipment. -Renegade (September 30, 2013, 07:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which would make it only slightly less useful than the much simpler, more readily available, and mature technologies that have been available for decades. In other words yes, surveillance is relatively easy and cheap. In other news water is wet.

Oh yeah, and keep your damn hands away from my tin foil hat.  :D

gmk05:
Yeah, very nice. Thanks for the information anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version