ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hating on new Google Maps

<< < (3/3)

4wd:
... what I want is for the Maps service to figure out the most efficient route to hit all those points in between. Or put another way, I want it to tell me the most efficient order in which to visit all of those places.
-Deozaan (October 01, 2013, 02:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Try OptiMap: Fastest Roundtrip Solver

Deozaan:
... what I want is for the Maps service to figure out the most efficient route to hit all those points in between. Or put another way, I want it to tell me the most efficient order in which to visit all of those places.
-Deozaan (October 01, 2013, 02:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Try OptiMap: Fastest Roundtrip Solver
-4wd (October 01, 2013, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what's up, but I mark a few points on the map and click calculate route and it has a pop up window that says it's doing exactly that, but nothing seems to happen after that point.

4wd:
It worked OK for me but I think that the time taken for the calculation will probably depend on how many points and the distances between them, (more perms and combs to work out).

You may need to play with the options to get a faster result.

Just for interests sake I entered 5 addresses all within 30kms of each other and it came up with the roundtrip and A-Z routes within a few seconds.

Deozaan:
I clicked on the map and little numbers appeared each place I clicked, making me think I had selected the waypoints via clicking rather than typing in the addresses. I had only 4 waypoints, all within about 10 miles of each other, and it never finished calculating a route.

4wd:
Just tried it clicking on the map: 6 points, ~150km A-Z

Did it in a couple of seconds.

Fastest roundtrip: ~3800kms (also a couple of seconds to calculate)

Maybe your browser is blocking something?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version