ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Where are comments stored?

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
Hey Mouser,

Where are comments stored in the image files? Which EXIF metadata fields are you using?

I want to search through screenshots, but I don't want to actually browse and look at them. I just want to type in a URL of a site or a program title name and run a text search.

Depending on available time, I figure it might be a fun little NANY project for me to do a mini-search program. I need it anyways, so might as well. It's also a nice kind of project as I can GPL it or WTFPL it as I won't need to use any proprietary components like I've had to do for some other stuff.

Anyways, just need to know the fields there.

Thanks!

tomos:
Depending on available time, I figure it might be a fun little NANY project for me to do a mini-search program. I need it anyways, so might as well. It's also a nice kind of project as I can GPL it or WTFPL it as I won't need to use any proprietary components like I've had to do for some other stuff.
-Renegade (September 27, 2013, 11:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

could this tie in with the SC viewer idea?

Renegade:
That doesn't look related to what I want to do. I'm really only interested in searching for images based on the text comments. I use SC all the time, but it's impossible to search through all of the screenshots sanely by browsing. I'm way too lazy for that. I'd rather just type in something and get a list of possibilities.

bob99:
I was looking for a way to do this some time ago. Can't seem to find my old post at the moment to reference. But did find this one. May be of help.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=34092.msg320320#msg320320

Renegade:
I was looking for a way to do this some time ago. Can't seem to find my old post at the moment to reference. But did find this one. May be of help.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=34092.msg320320#msg320320
-bob99 (September 28, 2013, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

That kind of helps, but it's a really messy solution. It searches the entire file, and not just the comments, so if you're searching for a short string, you're fairly likely to get some false positives.

Guess I'll just need to peek into the files themselves when I have time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version