ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Interfaith Explorer (FREE) - Mini-Review

<< < (3/4) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Final Opinion:

A really good start as far as it went!

But it does seem to lack some important things around the edge!

1. Really weak Buddhist section! There's really nothing there.
2. The power is that it runs off source documents. But that is also its downfall! Once you have the basic materials, I am finding I don't need the explorer! Instead, just use more typical text processors of your choice (see the various threads) and then you can do anything else you normally would to a text file!

And so I leave it!

Renegade:
Instead, just use more typical text processors of your choice (see the various threads) and then you can do anything else you normally would to a text file!
-TaoPhoenix (September 29, 2013, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Kind of, but not really. Check this:

Interfaith Explorer (FREE) - Mini-Review

You search for "murdered" but get "murderer" returned. Stemming is a great tool that you won't get in a text editor unless you are searching through files using regular expressions and know how to properly stem words yourself. It's quite a bit more effort to go through. It was one of the first things I noticed in there as it's such a great feature to have.

IainB:
UPDATE 2013-12-30:
The initial Mini-Review was for Interfaith v2.2.1
I only just now updated it to Interfaith v2.4.0
There were also updates to the documents (for several faiths) in the database, which latter then needed re-indexing.

IainB:
Update 2017-02-08: Current Interfaith program version is still v2.4.0, though the document databases have been updated.

Contro:
Update 2017-02-08: Current Interfaith program version is still v2.4.0, though the document databases have been updated.
-IainB (February 07, 2017, 09:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Downloading with the english plugin
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version