ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of GNU Emacs

<< < (4/5) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
In contrary to pure text editors ..., Emacs can do anything.
-Tuxman (September 19, 2013, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh. When I saw that bit, I thought of (yet another!) classic xkcd.

http://xkcd.com/378/

Mini-Review of GNU Emacs

Tuxman:
Now that's old. :P

There's also XEmacs branch for those who have not memorized the Emacs key bindings.-MilesAhead (September 20, 2013, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

With GNU Emacs 23/24, the differences between those two are almost gone, except for some font rendering. :)

ewemoa:
Multiple cursors by just clicking into the text can be used in Emacs too, thanks to the multiple-cursors package.
-Tuxman (September 20, 2013, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I saw this in an Emacs Rocks! video but have yet to try it...if you are already a user, do you find it to be worthwhile?

Tuxman:
Yes, especially since you can bind all functions to mouse keys. :) More flexible than ST once it's done.

MilesAhead:
Now that's old. :P

There's also XEmacs branch for those who have not memorized the Emacs key bindings.-MilesAhead (September 20, 2013, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

With GNU Emacs 23/24, the differences between those two are almost gone, except for some font rendering. :)
-Tuxman (September 20, 2013, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I still see no reason not to let people know XEmacs is out there.  When I get my own machine again maybe I'll try the beta with Inno Setup install.  I just hope by then it's not stable rather than beta  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version