ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Microsoft OneNote 2007

<< < (13/13)

TucknDar:
great find, patteo! OneNote quick reference looks very useful!

johnwayne999:
Hi guys, of all the powertoys for OneNote2007, the one I use the most is SortPage done by Daniel Escapa.

Unfortunately you'll notice the actual plug-in file (OneNote2007SortPages.zip) for some reason has disappeared completely off the net. It's quite a peculiar phenomenon seeing it is a freeware. When's the last time you try to find something you know existed, but find it completely disappeared off the net? How weird. Anyway I do have a backup copy from 5 years ago, which was sitting in one of my old hard drives by chance. Attached here for you.

Another copy can be found here:
http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/130497-OneNote-2007-Sorting-Pages?p=890395#post890395

Alternatively if you can't find it anywhere and still want a copy, you can try to contact me via this thread.

IainB:
Hi guys, of all the powertoys for OneNote2007, the one I use the most is SortPage done by Daniel Escapa.

Unfortunately you'll notice the actual plug-in file (OneNote2007SortPages.zip) for some reason has disappeared completely off the net. It's quite a peculiar phenomenon seeing it is a freeware. When's the last time you try to find something you know existed, but find it completely disappeared off the net? How weird. Anyway I do have a backup copy from 5 years ago, which was sitting in one of my old hard drives by chance. Attached here for you.

Another copy can be found here:
http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/130497-OneNote-2007-Sorting-Pages?p=890395#post890395

Alternatively if you can't find it anywhere and still want a copy, you can try to contact me via this thread.
-johnwayne999 (February 04, 2013, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, that makes my list of OneNote 2007 add-ons:

* OneNote 2007 - CanvasForOneNoteSetup (labs - not all that good).msi   
* OneNote 2007 - DailyJournal.1.1 (excellent).msi                       
* OneNote 2007 - DROE tool v04 beta (not much good).zip                 
* OneNote 2007 - SearchReplace (works well).zip                         
* OneNote 2007 - Send To OneNote 64bit driver install (a good kludge).msi
* OneNote 2007 - SortPages (not tried).zip                               
* OneNote 2007 - SortSections.zip                                       
* OneNote 2007 - TemplateManager.zip                                     
* OneNote 2007 - WordCount.zip                                           
(List produced in a trice using the FileGrab utility + @f0dder's SendToFileGrab script - see Re: DONE: "Filegrab"-like functionality integrated into the file explorer..)

johnwayne999:

* OneNote 2007 - DailyJournal.1.1 (excellent).msi                        -IainB (February 04, 2013, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey no problem.

Just quickly looked up DailyJournal. It looks nice. So far I've just been using a diary software called Advanced Diary (http://www.csoftlab.com/Diary.html) which serves my purpose. People might want to give it a try as an alternative.

By the way, my main problem now is VMWare ThinApp virtualising OneNote so it can run straight off my USB key at internet cafe's. It's actually quite straight forward to virtualise OneNote2007 itself. Then problem I encounter though is the plug-ins (Sort Sections and Sort Pages) crash when virtualised. Do you guys have this problem? How do you overcome it? Thanks. I am also happy to try VirtualBox Seamless if people know how to integrate it with host computer very seamlessly (ie. no Windows boot up/ shut down pages; and readily access host computer directories). Any advices would be much appreciated.

IainB:
There was a query in a OneNote forum:
Disable search shortcut in 8.1 - Microsoft Community
Joe Fargo asked on August 12, 2014:
I use OneNote extensively, and I recently upgraded to 8.1.  I want to be able to use the Windows+S key combo to enable the OneNote screen clipping tool, however, now it brings up the search charm.
Is there a way to disable (unhook) that key combo from the search charm so that it will just do the screen clipping from OneNote?
Thank you!

--- End quote ---

Response:
"Is there a way to disable (unhook) that key combo from the search charm so that it will just do the screen clipping from OneNote?"

I am sure many people are experiencing this annoyance after starting to use Win8 or Win8.1.
I had exactly the same issue, and initially resolved it by pressing Win+n, then "s" key, but this was a tedious workaround. The theory is "the less key-depressions the better" (for efficiency and time-saving), so this was far from an ideal workaround. So I resolved the problem by using Autohotkey (http://ahkscript.org) and added the piece of script inside of the === lines below to my Autohotkey commands file:
====================
$#s::    ; Intercept Win+s to send a Screenclip request to OneNote
    Send #ns                         ; Sends Win+n, then "s"
    return
====================
This takes it straight back to what it used to be like under Win7 and OneNote 2007/2013.

The only problem you might have with this is that, if you use the Win+s hotkey combo to go to the Win8 Search menu, then that is locked out. I don't use it, but if you do, then you could alter the hotkey above (#s) to (say) LeftShift+Win+s (<+#s), or something - which would leave the Win8 Search menu hotkey as-is.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version