ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

National debt/defecit: what does it REALLY mean??

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
Guess I have something else to look forward towards!-Renegade (September 20, 2013, 06:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, yes... Like the why phase. It's a lot like a police interrogation...but much, much worse... ;)

TaoPhoenix:

I don't know what the percentages are, but some of it will have to be paid back. A small percentage is "revolving", aka it will never be zero and that's fine, but someone being a jerk can play a "leverage" game and "call it in".

And apparently even the states have to follow rules that the feds don't. You can't believe the number of times I've seen "X program being dropped because the state was short by $100,000 in the budget".

eleman:
States don't have banknote printing presses.

It is a small detail, but a very crucial one.

xtabber:
These are my personal views, though some like Paul Krugman would concur with most of them.
-eleman (September 18, 2013, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, anyone who understands anything about economics would concur with most of them.

Unfortunately, not many people know much about economics, and thus are easy prey for hucksters who peddle political dogma as alternative economic theory. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version