ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone from German, I have a question for you.

(1/2) > >>

tslim:
I read an article on newspaper, saying that in German there is law prohibiting pre-school education (education on kids younger than seven), is that true?

tomos:
I'm not from here, but I live here. I can tell you:
the normal school-going age is between 6 and 7 years old. It would be unusual for a child to start school at 7 years of age.
I dont know if starting school at a younger age is allowed or not. Probably not - otherwise the ages of the kids would be very varied.

Of course, the norm is to go to kindergarten for years before that.

tslim:
I'm not from here, but I live here. I can tell you:
the normal school-going age is between 6 and 7 years old. It would be unusual for a child to start school at 7 years of age.
I dont know if starting school at a younger age is allowed or not. Probably not - otherwise the ages of the kids would be very varied.

Of course, the norm is to go to kindergarten for years before that.
-tomos (September 18, 2013, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose kindergarten is pre-school education. According to the article I have read, it should be forbidden in German. I am keen to know whether what the article says is true.

AbteriX:
kindergarten is not forbidden in germany. The opposite is true; in the past, kindergarten starts at 3 years old, now even baby's can be brought to kindergarten (the world goes more silly every day  :'( )

tomos:
According to the article I have read, it should be forbidden in German.
-tslim (September 18, 2013, 12:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

can you explain why? (according to the article)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version