ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A Proposal for Improving Quality of News-Related Threads

<< < (6/7) > >>

tomos:
I still think something other than a discussion forum would be a better way to accomplish something like that. But maybe that's mostly me.
-40hz (September 11, 2013, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree there presumably are better ways to accomplish a collection of links, yet I think the idea here is simply to add to, or facilitate, the discussion.

I think Renegade's addition of the links to the Encryption thread can only (?) be seen as an improvement :up:

Renegade:
I think Renegade's addition of the links to the Encryption thread can only (?) be seen as an improvement :up:
-tomos (September 12, 2013, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried to not editorialize the links much. That will be an issue though, but I don't think it will be very important.

TaoPhoenix:
Regarding the same 5 people, what can I say? Some people will always prefer to lurk - and that should be their prerogative. I'd personally like to see a lot more people join in the discussions. But in any assembly there will always be a more active group that invests considerably more time and effort to keep 'the gab' going.
-40hz (September 11, 2013, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is actually "a thing". It hits all groups. So your choice of percentages, but X % of any group are the ones that post a lot.

Stoic Joker:
I think the idea here is simply to add to, or facilitate, the discussion.

I think Renegade's addition of the links to the Encryption thread can only (?) be seen as an improvement-tomos (September 12, 2013, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed. Also being that it is segregated so as not to corrupt the original post it preserves the out-of-the-gate flow of the discussion.

--------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------

Side point: if the OP'er didn't want to contend with populating the FP links...couldn't the mods be allowed to take care of it?

Overall I really don't see this happening that frequently, but it does strike me as being handy for certain things.

wraith808:
Side point: if the OP'er didn't want to contend with populating the FP links...couldn't the mods be allowed to take care of it?
-Stoic Joker (September 12, 2013, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

While I understand the sentiment, that's a slippery slope that shouldn't be broached IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version