ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

The Great Screenshot Captor Ruler Debate Thread

<< < (3/10) > >>

cmpm:
cathie28
I would like to see where you have actually used a ruler to create a finished shot. Not an example but something that you have actually done with possible "another app", using it's ruler.

My request is the same as mouser's. Just simplified a bit.

Can those who want rules try the new BETA i just uploaded and let me know if you think it's actually useful (and how so?).

--- End quote ---

So, actually useful in what real time screenshot work, How So?

So we can stop wasting time on a useless feature and do more productive thought work.

app103:
Personally, I'd like more people to help light a fire under Renegade's butt to get him to finish this ruler. I have found it to be quite useful for just about anything I could need a ruler on my screen for.

cathie28:
I realize you don't get rulers - guess because you don't do tasks where they're useful.  But if no one used them, devs wouldn't put them in & continue doing so for yrs, decades.

I agree, lots of ways to do what you're suggesting - maybe better than rulers.  I didn't want to suggest difficult options.
text showing you the exact size of your selection at the bottom
--- End quote ---
Well... 1) the #s at screen bottom are usually small (in this case - very).
2) (I suppose) many consider looking at a crosshair on ruler ticks as taking less concentration than reading 2 numbers.  Just looking at a line - if it's lining up, vs reading 2 #'s.  From a "theory of learning" standpoint, the latter takes more concentration.

I'd like to see (in any editing app) values for crosshair location, area, etc., in big, red #s - right above  current position or image.  Then disappear, once done w/ selection, moving, etc. (& then just show at screen bottom, as usual).

What's an "optional top pabel?"  Label? Parable?  Pablum?  Pablov?  Table? :D  Any of those would be great for showing cursor position, starting & current cursor / selection line position, area; esp. table, label, pop up box w/ values, etc.  Not sure about a pabel.

Figured if I couldn't get the font size at bottom of main GUI increased (cursor selection position, area,...) or Options UI, had no chance for something like you're describing.  If you want to bounce ideas off me, that's fine.

Many editors (even simple image viewers w/ some cutting / cropping function) have grids, as well.  With varying capabilities.   They're also useful for certain things.  I have > 1 wrench & screw driver in my (real) toolbox.  I can barely pick it up.

CMPM - uh, I already gave some examples of how they'd be useful.  If you don't like rulers, you don't have to see them - they're off by default, so they won't cause blindness.  :)  There are other tools in SSC that I've rarely used - I don't berate others (that's right - I said it  :D) when they talk about tools or issues, that don't concern me.  Be a tiny bit tolerant.  

How can I post an image or created icon, or anything I used a ruler on (or many other functions ), when evidence of using a measuring tool, grids, & many other tools disappears after finished?  That goes for a 100 tools in a 100 apps.  No one uses rulers present in 100's of apps, incl. screen caps., editors, drawing, PDF, word processing, on & on??

cranioscopical:
Personally, I'd like more people to help light a fire under Renegade's butt to get him to finish this ruler. I have found it to be quite useful for just about anything I could need a ruler on my screen for.
-app103 (September 08, 2013, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Cor, strike a light, I'll match that request!  :onfire:

cmpm:
Not a troll?
Yeah, has been and has not stopped talking just like a troll.
Called it the first time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version