ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Integration with Easy Screencast Recorder

(1/1)

Pm:
Hi,

Just read:

Source: "Easy Screencast Recorder - Mouser - Software - DonationCoder.com".

"Integrates automatically into the Screenshot Captor screenshot taking tool."

and tried searching other threads and help files and paged through the preferences for both tools, but somehow cannot get to the bottom of this "integration" idea. How does it work - I'd like to mention that I have portable versions of both tools installed. Maybe this is preventing me from seeing something?

Thanks for any feedback on this.

mouser:
ESR is still considered an early alpha for experimenters, BUT, what you should find after you install it and Screenshot Captor is, that Screenshot Captor will have a new entry in it's TOOLS menu to launch ESR.

And ESR will save it's video in Screenshot Captor Screenshots directory when you launch it this way.

And most importantly, that SC will load, play, and be able to extract screens from these videos.

At least that's the idea...

Pm:
Thanks for these tips. I was able to connect the two tools just yesterday. My problem was that I originally put both, in separate folders, on the d: drive under "d:\Program Files\DonationCoder_Portables\" . Now, none of the macros described in the *.sctool files exactly helped me, and my hunch is that the problem was caused by the space in the "Program Files" directory name. The %ProgramFiles% macro would, I think, only search "c:\Program Files\" and not "d:\Program Files\" , so I could not use it. Putting in the absolute path to "d:\Program Files\DonationCoder_Portables\EasyScreencastRecorderPortable\EasyScreencastRecorder.exe" , with or without the double quotes around, did not help either - the screencast tool would not load into SC. I ended up transferring the screencast program's folder directly under "d:\Program Files\DonationCoder_Portables\ScreenshotCaptorPortable\Tools\" and now the line

app = %THISDIR%\EasyScreencastRecorder.exe

works as it should. So perhaps you could check out one day how spaces behave in paths defined in *.ctool config files. I was not able to find any examples for comparison on precisely that.

One other suggestion I'd have at this point would be to add the (possibility of adding the) ESR icon to the  Quick Capture Bar and a customizable shortcut option to go with it. Maybe when SCR is past the alpha stage :)

Thanks again for your help.

mouser:
Putting in the absolute path to "d:\Program Files\DonationCoder_Portables\EasyScreencastRecorderPortable\EasyScreencastRecorder.exe" , with or without the double quotes around, did not help either
--- End quote ---

Let me look into that and see if i can see what might have gone wrong there -- that should have worked.

Note that you should not edit the .sctool for ESR that comes with screenshot captor, as it could get erased on next update -- you should create a new .sctool file.

Another note is that if you are adding a custom tool that you don't intend to share, you don't need to make an .sctool file, you can just click on the Tools menu and choose the last item "Configure External Tools" and add it there.

One other suggestion I'd have at this point would be to add the (possibility of adding the) ESR icon to the  Quick Capture Bar and a customizable shortcut option to go with it. Maybe when SCR is past the alpha stage
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is a good idea.

You actually will see the contents of the Tools menu on the toolbar, under the red toolbox icon -- i just need to add an option for being able to tell SC which tools if any should be shown at the root level of the toolbar..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version