topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Screenshot Capture Benefits  (Read 4669 times)

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Screenshot Capture Benefits
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:00 PM »
Taking some time here to try to list the many benefits of Screenshot Capture.
Mainly because mouser is too modest to start a thread like this.

Most if not all other Screenshot programs have already chosen most of the options for you, and they are not changeable. Mouser's Screenshot Capture has many options to choose from, which means mouser's Screenshot Capture will do exactly what you want it to do.

Yes, you will have to learn what you want Screenshot Capture to do. It's not hard and worth the effort of the user.

A new feature of Screenshot Capture is the Caption section of mouser's program. It's in it's infancy, and as more is added to this feature, I'm quite certain that Captions will have plenty of sub-features to choose from (it already has a few). And, yes, you might have to learn a little about captions, but it will be worth it.

One of the major benefits of mouser's Screenshot Capture is it's low resource usage while idling and in use. It does what you tell it to do and then gets out of the way, sitting in the tray, not burning needed resources, ready to be called on without having to load anything else.

Please add more as you see fit.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screenshot Capture Benefits
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 04:17 PM »
Very sweet of you to start this topic, even if you end up being the only poster :)

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 04:22 PM »
lol...maybe...

another benefit of SC is that it is user contributed
Screenshot Capture is built with the help of it's users

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 04:25 PM »
And the help file is live here at the forum 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 05:31 PM »
OK, I thought i was through here, but I cannot not respond to this.  Screenshot Capture is the most complex capture program I've seen on the Internet, and I was here before there was a World Wide Web.  That complexity means two (2) things:  amazing adaptability; study is required (anyone remember matrix math in high school?).  That darned complexity that ya hafta study means an adaptability to purpose - whatever yours might be - that simply does not exist in other examples of the genre that have come across my screen.  And, then, there's the horrendous  :-\ support issue(s).  Someone makes a request, and it's usually fulfilled within a day or two (2).  Sometimes longer, but very seldom.  I've not dealt with any other software, of any kind, with that kind of developer response.  (Sure, it may exist - but I haven't been exposed to it  :o.)  As long as DC and mouser are here, this will continue to be cock o' the walk.

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 08:25 PM »
SC is really a treasure that keeps unfolding.
The closer you look the more is found that it can do.

Like you barney, I found SC a long time ago.
Back then there were not many capture programs.
I can't remember sometimes.

cschw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I like the degree of customization that Screenshot Captor provides.  I'm willing to spend a couple of minutes digging to find out how to do what I want to do with it...but that's only necessary when I want to either change my workflow--or work on a task that is different than I've used SSC for in the past.

The bare-bones version of the quick-capture bar takes up only a pixel or two on the top of my screen when hidden.  With its intuitive icons, it gives quick access to the capture modes, settings, and main window when I'm ready to take a screenshot.

And I like the way and the community in which SSC is developed.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 10:28 PM »
The more I use ScreenshotCaptor, the more I like it... and the more new (to me) things I discover about it.

mouser is ever the gentleman when fielding requests, as well as a skilled and inventive programmer.

For what more could one ask?