ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Making a new page of "DonationCoder's Favorite Web Sites" - suggestions?

<< < (4/7) > >>

40hz:
If you are at all into digital synths, samplers, workstations, or related software and plug-in, look no farther than:

Synthtopia the big portal. Read all about what they have (there's a lot!) here.

-------------------------------

KVR Audio News - a little overwhelming at first, but well worth the effort of exploring.

KVR Audio is the Internet's number one news and information resource for open standard audio plug-ins.

We report new releases, product announcements and product updates (major and minor) for all VST Plug-ins, Audio Unit Plug-ins, RTAS Plug-ins and AAX Plug-ins. Plus we report on mobile apps for iOS and Android and of course the numerous related soundware and hardware products.

We manage a fully searchable audio plug-in, application, soundware, hardware and app database (updated daily), and offer many free member services including user reviews, product update notifications and a very active discussion forum. We also host official forums for many plug-in and soundware developers.
--- End quote ---

Want software? Check out:

Most i Want - getting fed up with GOTD? This is a good alternative for finding useful software giveaways.

Are you a system administrator - or otherwise involved in Windows network support?

4sysops  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:  - one of the best and most useful resources for those who are down on the trenches making sure the data flows and the servers stay up. Some very good admin software giveaways and special offers (that you won't often find elsewhere) get posted here from time to time too. If you do IT for a living, this site is one for your RSS feed list.

About 4sysops

On 4sysops, we are focusing on Windows system administration. You’ll find articles about Windows technology, reviews of useful admin tools, tips for your daily work, and news relevant for system administrators.

About Michael Pietroforte

I have 30 years experience in system administration. Before I started working as a full time IT journalist and editor for 4sysops, I’ve been heading the IT department at the University Library of the Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich. With about 46,000 students, it is the biggest German university. Please note that English is my second language. I am trying my best here, but just in case you read an odd sounding sentence every now and then, I hope you will pardon me.
--- End quote ---

Non-enterprise level network got you down?

SmallNetBuilder - got a home network? Setting up a SOHO? Buying a new router? Check out this site for good advice, product announcements, reviews, how-tos, hardware rankings, and other things related to the smaller and consumer-type networks most people need to deal with.

StorageReview - Got drives? Buying storage hardware? Check out their reference guide section. Good solid information all around. If it can hold data, they cover it.

StorageReview.com offers in-depth news coverage and detailed reviews for hard drives, SSDs, NAS units, other storage hardware, and software for enterprise and consumer markets. Storage support forums provide a user community ready to offer storage-related discussions, buying advice and technical support.
--- End quote ---

And...I better stop again. There's just so much good stuff out there. Small wonder I have a feed list with close to 150 or so entries. ;D

Vurbal:
For good reviews on PC power supplies I lean heavily on JonnyGuru.  You almost can't help getting an education on power supply performance and construction reading through them.

dspelley:
I visit Libellules.ch pretty regularly. Often find software there that I don't see on other sites.

I think the site is in Switzerland and is displayed in French, but Google Chrome seems to do a pretty good job of translating.

mouser:
I'm starting to add more favorites so keep the suggestions coming.

MilesAhead:

Excellent OS Support and Tutorials

Vista Support Forums

Windows Seven Forums

Windows Eight Forums

Open Source Software

Source Forge

Softpedia has always been helpful to me

Softpedia

Funny Stuff - audio download archive and video clips

The Artie Lange Show

In South Florida we have to keep one eye on this page for half the year  :)

National Hurricane Center

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version