ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

greyscale + negative for Auto Print

(1/4) > >>

jhines97:
I generally print to a black and white (not color) laser printer.  Back when I was using Windows XP I used a screenshot program called PrintScreen32.  PrintScreen32 did not have near as many options or the configurability of Screenshot Captor.  However, one feature that it did have that I can't seem to find / figure out with Screenshot Captor is that you could set the image to be sent to the printer as always greyscale, and if the image were set to greyscale you could invert the colors (so black would become white, dark grey would become light grey, etc).  Anyhow, the application I am doing most of my screen printing from is an iSeries terminal.  The background of the screen is black, and the text is mostly white (some of the text is light blue, yellow, or green).  With Screenshot Captor every screen shot I take and send to the laser printer uses a good bit of toner (since most of the page is black).  Is there a way to set the image to get greyscale and inverted before being sent to the printer?

mouser:
hmm, that's an interesting idea.

i certainly could add an option to invert colors when printing.

and i could add an option to auto-grayscale while printing -- but i wonder if there is any point in doing that since a laser printer driver must have it's own function for doing that?

tomos:
In the scanner side of things, there's the option "reverse colours". I realise that's not the same - and that it doesnt work for screenshots, but just thought I'd point it out in case it's helpful.

jhines97:
I wasn't sure if the greyscale needed to happen before the invert colors thing.  I didn't know if a color image inverted very well.  I think the author of the abandoned PrintScreen32 software had the invert as a sub-option of the greyscale option because it might be strange if someone inverted an actual color image ...

tomos:
I wasn't sure if the greyscale needed to happen before the invert colors thing.  I didn't know if a color image inverted very well.  I think the author of the abandoned PrintScreen32 software had the invert as a sub-option of the greyscale option because it might be strange if someone inverted an actual color image ...
-jhines97 (September 04, 2013, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, it is :)

But I just noticed, you can also use this option for inverting colours of screenshots (see mouse pointer in screenshot below).
(I say this also for mouser's benefit - he's been known to forget what his programmes are capable of :D)

greyscale + negative for Auto Print

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version