ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to enable NAT Loopback on ZyXEL C1000Z router?

<< < (5/5)

app103:
No, I mean switching it so it acts as only a modem and not as a router at all.

http://www.akadia.com/services/zyxel_transparent_mode.html

4wd:
I'm not sure that would solve the problem since the ZyXEL would be the "outermost" part of the firewall, and the NAT Loopback still wouldn't work at that level. But to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how these things work.-Deozaan (September 30, 2013, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's how my setup is, my router, (ASUS RT-N16), does all logging into the ADSL and the loopback.  The modem/router, (TP-Link TD-8817), is switched to Bridge mode - it's a transparent connection to the ISP as far as the RT-N16 is concerned.

I must be getting old to have forgotten that  :-[

Deozaan:
No, I mean switching it so it acts as only a modem and not as a router at all.

http://www.akadia.com/services/zyxel_transparent_mode.html
-app103 (September 30, 2013, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure that would solve the problem since the ZyXEL would be the "outermost" part of the firewall, and the NAT Loopback still wouldn't work at that level. But to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how these things work.-Deozaan (September 30, 2013, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's how my setup is, my router, (ASUS RT-N16), does all logging into the ADSL and the loopback.  The modem/router, (TP-Link TD-8817), is switched to Bridge mode - it's a transparent connection to the ISP as far as the RT-N16 is concerned.-4wd (September 30, 2013, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds like an awesome solution, since I already have my router configured with ports forwarded and all that, it would be nice to use it without having to reconfigure all those little tweaks I've made over the years. I'll give that a try and report back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version