ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Cheat Sheeter

New Program Idea: Cheat Sheeter

<< < (2/12) > >>

mouser:
yeah, winkey may not be the way to go.. we'd want to make it user configurable i guess.

having people willing to make cheat sheets would be essential to making this a useful utility, so we will want to make it as easy as possible for people to create new ones.

if anyone knows similar apps already in existence please let me know asap, both so that we can avoid recreating a freeware if it already exists, and also to learn from any existing tools.

if not, i guess i'll start on this right away.  seems like it could be really fun to see if a little community of cheat sheet sharers developed.
proposed name of util: Cheat Sheeter

dtrud0h:
Optionaly you could have one cheatsheet that stored the location of each individual programs .ini file and read the hotkey combinations from it then lets say someone added, or changed a hotkey for the program, your program would be updated automatically.  Another feature that would be nice is if it was docked to the side of the screen, or bottom, or top, is to have a tabbed interface. I use firefox like tenseiken and can't hardly operate a program without tabs and middle clicking the mouse anymore.

mouser:
reading ini files is probably not practical since every program uses its own format for storing such things.
tabs i'm open to - could you elaborate a little how you might want to use them?

i'm very open to user interface suggestions, so keep 'em coming - i'll try to have a test version up by next week that people can give feedback on and make concrete suggestions.

docking and full screen will definitely be options.

Scott:
I floated the idea of a cheat-sheet to the author of one of the hotkey utils a looong time ago.  Basically got ignored.  :)

dtrud0h:
The reason I mentioned the .ini file, or whatever the case the modifications made per program are going to be stored........ neveremind,  I get it. See last line in post about notifying companys about software mentioned here

You could use tabs for easy overview of multiple windows to allow editing of hotkeys to avoid multiple different combinations for the same action(easier to see), cut and paste for creating new cheatsheets, or use them to draw focus to the selected app, kind of like an all purpose hotkey/taskbar  (click on tab marked program x small tab of hotkeys drops down-->window gains focus)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version