ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Review of Zeus Edit

<< < (4/9) > >>

Jussi Jumppanen:
I'd like to know how much WordStar emulation the current version of Zeus has.
--- End quote ---

I'll be honest; the emulation modes in Zeus rely heavily on user feedback.

Since I'm a Brief user, all I ever use is the BriefEx keyboard mapping and have next to no knowledge of these other mappings.

These other mappings where added as and when requested by users and as such they reflect that particular user's knowledge of their favourite mapping.

But as the keyboard mapping in Zeus configurable, I don't see why the support for Wordstar can't be improved.

If there are keys missing just let me know.

Jussi Jumppanen:
Also, I wonder if there's a clear policy for upgrades?
--- End quote ---

How Zeus upgrades are handled is brutally simple as they are nothing more than a point in time marked as an upgrade releases.

To understand this consider the history of upgrade releases as shown here.

From that link assume a user made their purchase at the time of this upgrade release.

Zeus for Windows 3.97k Upgrade Release

That user would then get all these as free upgrades:

Zeus for Windows 3.97l Patch
    Zeus for Windows 3.97n Patch
    Zeus for Windows 3.97m Patch
    Zeus for Windows 3.97o Patch

But they would have to purchase an upgrade to the 3.97p release (or just continue using the 3.97o version indefinitely).

Also note the last release was also an upgrade release:

Zeus for Windows 3.97p Upgrade Release

That means the next release (due out shortly) will be a free upgrade.

Finally any registered user reporting a crash or a major fault will generally get a free upgrade, provided the version they are running is not too old.

wraith808:
Added second configuration section.

wraith808:
Added section for opening my first workspace.  Also added Jussi's comments on upgrades to the summary at the top of the review.

Jussi Jumppanen:
I didn't see a way to default this to a selected choice
--- End quote ---
There is no option to configure this, but I will give it some though  ;)

though I do note that the tools menu doesn't include user defined tools on the right click menu.
--- End quote ---

You can configure this using the Add to popup menu option found in the Tools, Macros and Templates sections of the document type configuration.

I did notice one thing.  As I said, I have extra files in my solution- for documentation that I've created.  If I build the whole solution, it chokes on the documentation project, though Visual Studio knows not to build it.
--- End quote ---

It looks like you've found a bug :(

I'll add it to the Zeus bug list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version