ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Review of Zeus Edit

<< < (2/9) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
... I discovered Zeus, and the price is right, and the feature set is right- I'm just hoping that it lives up to the hype on the site.
-wraith808 (September 02, 2013, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

What kind of thing would you consider a "deal-breaker" that would lead you to believe that it doesn't live up to the hype?

wraith808:
... I discovered Zeus, and the price is right, and the feature set is right- I'm just hoping that it lives up to the hype on the site.
-wraith808 (September 02, 2013, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

What kind of thing would you consider a "deal-breaker" that would lead you to believe that it doesn't live up to the hype?

-TaoPhoenix (September 02, 2013, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know at this point.  I'm looking for something to exist alongside if not replace Visual Studio as an IDE that I can use instead of being stuck with visual studio's downsides.  Not just a text editor, but an IDE.  So it would have to fit those requirements- it's more of a feels right in my workflow thing than anything else.

Jussi Jumppanen:
> the only thing that might be of some concern to some is that it shells out to run another installer.

FYI the second installer that gets run is the C Runtime Redistributable installer as provided by Microsoft.

Cheers Jussi

PS: I'm enjoying reading your review and look forward the next chapters. Your daunting before, it's now overwhelming observation is quite an accurate description of most people's first impressions.

wraith808:
Added configuration portion, and updated the installer section with Jussi's comments.

mwb1100:
The review summary table indicates that the price for Zeus is $69.95, but the price that comes up in the shopping cart if I start to register the software (that's the only place I found a price on the vendor's website) is $89.95.  Is the price in the review just a typo error?

Also, I wonder if there's a clear policy for upgrades? The review summary says, "Free updates for new builds of the same version", but it's not clear to me what that might be. It seems that there was a cut off for free updates between 3.97i and 3.97k (though another page on the site indicates that the cut off was at version 3.97c).  So it seems that a major upgrade point occurred with just a version number change that usually indicates a bugfix-only release for most software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version