topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 11:16 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to use My Notes?  (Read 3072 times)

dcwul62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How to use My Notes?
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:58 AM »

Q: How to use "My Notes" ?
Q: What are the benefits of "My Notes" over a normal clipboard copy?

Meaning: when I select text, followed by ctrl-c, what may then be the difference between having it in the normal clipboard collection versus 'My Notes'?

I vainly tried to find a hint in the Help-file.

Thanks

=
Clipboard Help+Spell-My Notes-06102013 075127.pngHow to use My Notes?
=

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to use My Notes?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:43 AM »
It's just a pre-made group you can use to put things into.  You can make your own groups as well.

The only real difference between it and the Clipboard Old/New group is that the Old/New group optionally (but enabled by default) will move clips from New to Old to the recycle bin over time, to keep things tidy.  No such moves will take place in the My Notes group.

But again, it's just a premade group you can put clips into.  You can make your own groups that work identically.

Do note that there is a button  at the upper left of the Memo panel for creating a new clip (or you could call it "note") in whatever group you are currently in, manually.

There was a point when I was considering making CHS a full-fledged note taking application, so some of the features can be seen in that light.  Having said that, I'd advise against people really trying to make heavy use of it as a note taking app, simply because there are better tools for that.

dcwul62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to use My Notes?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 05:02 AM »

Thanks!

Reason for asking was that (a bit in line with the context menu add-on post, earlier), I thought  there would be an option to select text from a website,
then use the context menu, select a (currently non existing!) option: Send to My Notes

Then I went on to search for the purpose and also wondered about the differences between the normal clipboard and My Notes   :)

Anyway, thanks again.

=