ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Kiss Encryption Goodbye... :*

<< < (4/8) > >>

rgdot:
Me enemy? Such a nice guy as me?   :P

Won't comment any more, for reasons Renegade mentioned.

Carol Haynes:
I am the enemy and I am really pissed ...

Democracy - F****

As I UK citizen I also find it amusing that apparently GCHQ have a similar project (though given the UK don't seem to be able to set up any government IT systems that aren't obsolete before they get them working I am not losing any sleep). Also we don't have a constitution .... doesn't the US have some sort of paper and isn't there some sort of vague provision in there for an individuals right to a private life?

Stoic Joker:
doesn't the US have some sort of paper and isn't there some sort of vague provision in there for an individuals right to a private life?-Carol Haynes (September 06, 2013, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

While this was for some time a popularly held belief, it is no longer possible to confirm existence of said verbiage as that section was rendered illegible when someone wiped their ass with said document. Hence the prevailing wisdom of our time now holds this as a myth.

40hz:
Ken White weighed-in over at his Popehat blog with his usual style with a piece titled: NSA Codebreaking: I Am The Other.

I am The Other.

No, not from Game of Thrones.

I mean I am the "other" contemptuously categorized by my government, a vast category of people with an interest in using encrypted communications to thwart my government's attempt to spy on me.
--- End quote ---

Well worth reading in full. :Thmbsup:

40hz:
doesn't the US have some sort of paper and isn't there some sort of vague provision in there for an individuals right to a private life?-Carol Haynes (September 06, 2013, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

While this was for some time a popularly held belief, it is no longer possible to confirm existence of said verbiage as that section was rendered illegible when someone wiped their ass with said document. Hence the prevailing wisdom of our time now holds this as a myth.
-Stoic Joker (September 06, 2013, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version