ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

A new section for Linux, cross-platform code, embedded, mac, android, ios, etc.

<< < (3/11) > >>

rgdot:
Thank you

SpoilerNOW someone help me with Ubuntu/Mint wifi performance :D

40hz:
Come on gothic, there's plenty of room for everyone.

--- End quote ---

Actually, as it stands now on most of the unmoderated internet, there isn't.
Postings related to popular technologies and platforms drive out the more obscure things (which is logical because they are popular).
The problem with this is that there is no place for people who are actually interested in these obscure things.
When anything is allowed, the "wisdom" of crowds governs, which in practice drives everything towards monoculture.
-Gothi[c] (August 30, 2013, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. The gravity well generated by the appearance of the "most mediocre choice" rivals that of a black hole.  ;D

tomos:
Come on gothic, there's plenty of room for everyone.

--- End quote ---

Actually, as it stands now on most of the unmoderated internet, there isn't.
Postings related to popular technologies and platforms drive out the more obscure things (which is logical because they are popular).
The problem with this is that there is no place for people who are actually interested in these obscure things.
When anything is allowed, the "wisdom" of crowds governs, which in practice drives everything towards monoculture.
-Gothi[c] (August 30, 2013, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

but dc hasn't typically been like that, has it?**

**edit/ or maybe that's the way you see the current software board - what with it being windows focused lol

ewemoa:
I'm kind of hoping this forum section doesn't get hijacked by the tablet/phone crowd :(
-Gothi[c] (August 30, 2013, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

May be that can be grounds for the creation of a non-tablet, non-phone, non-windows section ;)

rsatrioadi:
This is great news! :D

I've been a DC lurker for years, but since I fully switched to Linux a couple years ago (plus a Mac just about a month ago), most software discussions and coding snacks here no longer apply to me. This new section will definitely change that. :Thmbsup:

(Interestingly my phone is a Lumia. Talk about diversity. :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version