ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MS Office 2013 US$9.95 Corporate/Enterprise Home Use Program - Mini-Review

<< < (10/10)

tomos:
For example, the other day I was sat down alongside my daughter, and we each had a laptop on our laps, and I introduced her to using OneNote and Excel and SC (Screenshot Captor) to:

1. write up the notes for her latest science assignment (using OneNote), with me working collaboratively online;
    2. conduct a statistical analysis and charting of the time series data (observations) involved (using Excel and its graphing capability);
    3. save the Excel Workbook as an embedded file in her Notebook.
    4. manipulate images captured in OneNote (manipulation done using SC);

Having learned what drudgery it is to try and do that sort of thing by hand, even using a scientific calculator, and never having previously understood what OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) or collaborative online working implied, she was blown away by the experience - very impressed. There'll be no holding her back now!
-IainB (September 20, 2015, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

sounds impressive :up:

dr_andus:
So now that you have installed (?) MS Office 2010 on your Windows OS, how it it working out? Is it more legible?
What OS are you using?
Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of MS Office?

I am using 32-bit MS Office 2013, on Win10-64bit Pro.
My eyes really object to the glary display.
-IainB (September 20, 2015, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to have both 2010 and 2013 installed but I never used the latter, not only because of the rendering problem, but also because it was too hard on the eyes (too bright, too much whiteness). This time I'm not even going to bother with installing 2013. 2010 does everything I need and I prefer its styling.

I've installed the 32 bit version of Office on my Win 7 Home Premium, 64-bit PC. Don't ask me why I didn't install 64-bit Office, because I can't remember my reasoning. I might have read something somewhere or mixed it up with some other advice to stick with the 32 bit. But for now it's running really fast, much faster than my previous installation, which might have been 64-bit Office.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version