ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

MS Office 2013 US$9.95 Corporate/Enterprise Home Use Program - Mini-Review

<< < (2/10) > >>

Josh:
The home-use program is valid as long as your organization buys into it for employees. MS has offered this for a while and the US Military participates, hence why I have received each of office since 2007 for only 9.95 :)

IainB:
@Innuendo: I have updated the opening post per your suggestions. Thanks.
It really is a great special offer, and it's been running for years but gets little publicity, and more people could avail themselves of it did they but know it ...
I didn't realise they also did a "You want chips with that?" (for Visio).    :D

Innuendo:
Like I said, I think it depends on the licensing agreement your organization has with Microsoft, but yes I was offered Visio Professional for $9.95 as well.

When I followed my "you've been approved" link, Office 2013 and Office Mac were listed, but there was also a Visio section down in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. As soon as I added Office to my cart a little dialog popped up that asked, "Would you like to add Visio to your cart, too?"

I've known about this program for years as well, but I've never paid too much attention to it because in the past I've never had a qualifying employer. You better believe I checked the box that asked "Would you like to be notified of future Microsoft Home Use Program offers?" ;)

wraith808:
Like I said, I think it depends on the licensing agreement your organization has with Microsoft, but yes I was offered Visio Professional for $9.95 as well.
-Innuendo (January 19, 2014, 09:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

The home-use program is valid as long as your organization buys into it for employees. MS has offered this for a while and the US Military participates, hence why I have received each of office since 2007 for only 9.95 :)
-Josh (January 18, 2014, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can verify that even if your company buys in, it depends on licensing level.  My company changed their license with Microsoft, and now we are no longer eligible, even though we are still locked in with office (A little less so since we've split between MS and Google... oh my what a complicated pie to split).

dr_andus:
I'd known about the program in the past, but every email address I threw at it didn't qualify, but I stumbled across this thread the other day & thought since I just recently started a new job I'd give it a go again.
-Innuendo (January 18, 2014, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd say it's even worth trying it a few times with the same email, even if you are declined the first couple of times. I kept trying and after having been declined 2 or 3 times eventually it said I did qualify, and it sent me a link for buying. This almost makes me wonder if digitalriver eventually accepts everyone. I guess it would be in their interest to make a sale eventually... Unless it's just a very convoluted electronic process and the database query needs to be executed a few times before it gets through...

Edit: My mistake. I didn't realise I used a different email address the second time.

Anyway, now that I do qualify, I'm still wondering about the value of upgrading from MS Office 2010 Pro to 2013 Pro. I've checked out a few reviews and on balance (including user comments), they are far from being overwhelmingly positive. I mostly use Word and Excel in Win7. It sounds like a lot of changes were made mostly to serve the Win8 environment. I wasn't happy to see that they've removed the split screen feature from the scroll bar in Word. I use that feature daily.

So what are the compelling reasons to upgrade from MS Word 2010 to 2013?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version