ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple Trying to Trademark "Startup"

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
Once again, Apple has tested my superpowers of not pissing myself laughing when I read the news!

(I have once again emerged victorious with dry pants! UP! UP! And to the bathroom~~~!)

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-08/28/apple-trademark-startup

Apple is attempting to trademark the word "startup", covering a range of products and services, in a bold application filed in Australia on 27 August.

The application -- first spotted by TM Watch -- was filed by the company's Cupertino headquarters alongside the Sydney branch of law firm Baker & Mckenzie. The application seeks to use the trademark in relation to retail store services; the maintenance, installation and repair of computer hardware and other devices; educational services, including classes, workshops and seminars, and the design and development of computer hardware and software. So pretty much everything Apple does then.
--- End quote ---

And here's your "Apple in the news" prediction for next week:

"Yeah, and while we're at it, let's trademark 'the' and see if we can get a patent on the alphabet..."

;D

Stoic Joker:
Now if we can just find a judge that is astute enough to fine them for contempt of reality while throwing this nonsense case out we can get on with the process of trying to find a glimmer of hope for our currently seriously jacked-up excuse for a society.

Renegade:
Now if we can just find a judge that is astute enough to fine them for contempt of reality while throwing this nonsense case out we can get on with the process of trying to find a glimmer of hope for our currently seriously jacked-up excuse for a society.
-Stoic Joker (August 29, 2013, 06:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

BWAHAHAHAH~!

You gave me a nice belly laugh there! ;D

"contempt of reality" ;D 8) That's too good! I'm going to steal and recycle that one! (Please don't tell me you've copyrighted/patented/trademarked it. ;) )

Vurbal:
Apple still holds a trademark for "App Store," at least in the US. Of course that's largely because they settled with Amazon to avoid a verdict which was almost certainly going to invalidate it.

Curt:
I truly think someone should be sentenced to prison for this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version