ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best program to compare two files : word and pdf

<< < (4/4)

IainB:
Not sure whether this might be of use:
MS Word 2013 seems to be able to convert PDFs to a Word doc, and then lets you get on and edit it as such...
I haven't used it other than to see if it works. Seems to be pretty good - and fast. Tried it on a PDF with several images in. The Word doc file size seems to be a good deal bigger than its source PDF file size though.
-IainB (August 10, 2013, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
-IainB (August 28, 2013, 02:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
In USA exists the "crisis" ?     :huh:
-Contro (August 28, 2013, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Take a look: MS Office 2013 US$9.95 Corporate/Enterprise Home Use Program - Mini-Review

Contro:
Not sure whether this might be of use:
MS Word 2013 seems to be able to convert PDFs to a Word doc, and then lets you get on and edit it as such...
I haven't used it other than to see if it works. Seems to be pretty good - and fast. Tried it on a PDF with several images in. The Word doc file size seems to be a good deal bigger than its source PDF file size though.
-IainB (August 10, 2013, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
-IainB (August 28, 2013, 02:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
In USA exists the "crisis" ?     :huh:
-Contro (August 28, 2013, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Take a look: MS Office 2013 US$9.95 Corporate/Enterprise Home Use Program - Mini-Review
-IainB (August 31, 2013, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's a nice offer  :o

Darwin:
Hmm.... Just to update my earlier post, I downloaded a trial of DiffDoc and tested it against BeyondCompare. It has been a long time since I've used BC, because it processed pdf files just as effectively as - and more quickly than - DiffDoc. The only thing that I can see that limits BC are MS Office file comparisons - but it will do Word and Excel files and that's all I need it for so BC gets my vote here. Should probably revisit CompareIt, too... but work calls!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version