ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best program to compare two files : word and pdf

<< < (2/4) > >>

rjbull:
ExamDiff Pro, $34.99.  The free version doesn't offer what you want.  A possible drawback of ExamDiff Pro is that it uses plug-ins to convert Word files and PDFs to text before comparing them (I don't know how Compare It! or Beyond Compare work).  If you are trying to compare a Word DOC with a PDF, this may mean that what is in fact the same text isn't well enough aligned to make the difference checking engine work sensibly.  In that case, you might try printing your Word DOC to a PDF and comparing the two PDFs.

Contro:
I use Beyond Compare http://www.scootersoftware.com/, for last few years and am satisfied.
Similar in price, and you can check the 30 days demo, if it works.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (August 27, 2013, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hello. I am trying your software to make notes in the windows. Beautiful  :-*

Contro:
ExamDiff Pro, $34.99.  The free version doesn't offer what you want.  A possible drawback of ExamDiff Pro is that it uses plug-ins to convert Word files and PDFs to text before comparing them (I don't know how Compare It! or Beyond Compare work).  If you are trying to compare a Word DOC with a PDF, this may mean that what is in fact the same text isn't well enough aligned to make the difference checking engine work sensibly.  In that case, you might try printing your Word DOC to a PDF and comparing the two PDFs.
-rjbull (August 27, 2013, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

CompareIt! does well.
But I don't have many documents to compare.
I try beyond compare some time ago. I don't remember now if has the possibility to compare a pdf and a doc.

IainB:
Not sure whether this might be of use:
MS Word 2013 seems to be able to convert PDFs to a Word doc, and then lets you get on and edit it as such...
I haven't used it other than to see if it works. Seems to be pretty good - and fast. Tried it on a PDF with several images in. The Word doc file size seems to be a good deal bigger than its source PDF file size though.
-IainB (August 10, 2013, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Best I ever used was DiffDoc but the price is so prohibitive and the activation so picky (at least it was five years ago) that I can't recommend it (something like an initial buyin of @$400 and then an annual $130 subscription - though I am offered 20% off this every year. I have yet to take him up on it...).

I've got licenses for both Beyond Compare 3 and CompareIt. Both are good, though neither has been used (by me) in ages. Also have a lifetime license for UltraCompare which works well on text - don't know offhand if it works with pdf. Suspect not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version